We will be showing you practical techniques and application, thus it becomes easy for your to master creating your own eye-catching content
Join expert food photographer Varun Patel & Renown food stylist Harsh Chavda on this perfectly crafted one-day food photography & styling workshop, at Varun Patel Photography studio Ahmedabad. This workshop is a complete package of photography techniques and food styling ideas shared by professionals.
This complete guide about food photography will be a perfect start for everyone, be it a hobbyist or a commercial food photographer. A full day of shooting and learning the art under the guidance of experts.
Date: 8th January 2023
Timing: 10 am – 6 pm
Fees: 9,999/- Rs
Total seats: 4 seats only
Location: Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Commercial photographer and India’s leading photography mentor with 10+ years of industry experience – Varun Patel
A food stylist who firmly believes in one saying “we eat with our eyes first”, Harsh has styled food for many brands like Leela, ITC, Havmor, and many others.
How it works
This food photography and styling workshop will make sure that you are confident with all the required skills. From camera settings, lighting, styling your food, and editing. Everything is covered during this workshop.
Module 1: Camera gears and settings
- White balance
- Focusing ( manual and auto )
- Shooting on AV/A mode for semi-auto camera settings
- Exposure control
- Shooting tethered
- Importance of the right tripod
- Color correction using X-Rite color checker
- Focus stacking
- Aspect ratio
Module 2: Lighting understanding
- Different light qualities
- Creating hard light to soft light
- Using continuous light for easy setups
- How to use a gobo for creating mood in the images
Module 3: Compositions and angles
- Composition techniques
- Angles to shoot food and which one to use when
- Vertical and horizontal orientations and their right usage
Module 4: Food styling tricks and tips
- Color theory
- How to Create a Mood Board and Build a Shot List
- Selection of crockery, cutlery, props, fabrics, and understanding of aesthetics
- How to style the Indian curry, rice, and side accompaniments with the chick tricks and techniques
- Styling a Hummus Bowl
- Insights about food styling fast food and desserts
Module 5: Editing
- Learn the essentials of food photography edits, using Adobe Lightroom’s latest version
Module 6: Quotation and business
- How to prepare a quotation for your clients
- Submission of your final images via drive
- Basics of marketing your food photography business
Varun Patel Photography studio, Ahmedabad
This is a 100% practical learning workshop, the nature of the workshop is about learning not about portfolio building so we do not want the students to bring along any systems
Yes, we have specially designed this workshop in such a way that we cover up the essentials of food photography and styling. So you sure can start exploring the field right after the workshop.
10 am – 6 pm
Yes, we will be providing lunch during the workshop for the attendees
How to register your seat for the food photography and styling workshop?
- Call or WhatsApp our team and show your interest to join the workshop.
+91 9898 550 223
- Provide us with the following details
- Make the payment in our bank account
Our team will share the bank account details where you need to pay your fees and share a screenshot with our team for confirmation
A professional 2000+ sqft studio at Ahmedabad’s prime location, Thaltej
Connectivity: Metro Station @2 minutes, BRTS @10 minutes, All time cab
Stay facilities: Marriott, Taj, Budget hotels, Airbnb, Boutique hotels, only 5 mins away from the studio